National Information Systems Group
NISG is a leading IT service organisation in NHSScotland. Focusing on the delivery of IT solutions in the health service, we help our customers through every step - from initial advice to buying or building software to managing your IT service.
Our services include:
- Architecture and consulting: Got an idea? We can help bring it to life. We advise customers who need to solve business problems using technology solutions. We define requirements, identify opportunities to reuse existing solutions and produce business cases. We provide consultancy services in a range of specialist technical areas.
- Procurement, contract and vendor management: We use the combined buying power of NHSScotland to get the best deals on technology. This saves the NHS millions of pounds, which can be used to care for patients. We advise on IT procurement issues and undertake key functions to comply with NHSScotland contractual agreements, legal requirements and best practice.
- Project management: We scope, plan and deliver PRINCE2 based projects. Working with stakeholders, we ensure the products are delivered on time, within budget and to the agreed quality. We have the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to any project.
- Solutions and applications: Need bespoke software, a website or a database? We develop and support systems and applications by providing technical IT product support services, professional training solutions and an expert customer service desk.
- Accreditation and testing: We test and assure systems to comply with national architecture. We provide and maintain an evolving specification for GP system providers.
- Solution stewardship: Once a system is operational, we manage and support it, facilitating clinical-based governance and managing change and release cycles. We assure the agreed level of service, manage support capacity and costs, and handle any problems.
NISG's portfolio of products includes:Picture Archiving and Communications Systems (PACS); the award-winning Emergency Care Summary (ECS); SCI Gateway; Scottish Health on the Web (SHOW) and many more.
Find out more about what we do at our website www.nisg.scot.nhs.uk
NISG is part of our Information Technology Strategic Business Unit.